The Latin America Amateur Championship (LAAC) will have a field of 108 male players. All invitations are issued through national federations. It is the national federation’s responsibility to verify the eligibility of their top WAGRTM ranked players before 26 September 2018. Any such questions related to eligibility or entry conditions must be submitted to Victoria Lawrie, at email@example.com, before 26 September 2018.
To be eligible, a player must be:
- An amateur player under the USGA/R&A Rules of Amateur Status
- A citizen of the country he intends to represent, as defined by the laws of that country
- If the player is ranked in WAGRTM, he must be listed for the country he intends to represent
The field will be selected as follows:
- 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Winners of the Latin America Amateur Championship.
- From the 2018 Latin America Amateur Championship, the 5 lowest scorers and anyone tying for 5th
- The top two players from each IGF Member National Federation in Latin America, plus an additional four players from the host country, as ranked on WAGRTM as of 26 September 2018.
If there is not a sufficient number of ranked players from any country, that federation may nominate a player or players with an established handicap not exceeding 5.4, subject to LAAC Executive Committee approval, to fill up to two positions.
If there is not a sufficient number of ranked players from the host country, that federation may nominate a player or players with an established handicap not exceeding 5.4, subject to LAAC Executive Committee approval, to fill up to six positions.
- The remainder of the field will be filled by taking the next ranked players from WAGRTM as of 26 September 2018. The maximum number of players from any country, except the host, will be six. The maximum number of players from the host country will be ten.
Note: When establishing the initial field, there will be a maximum of six players allocated per country from WAGRTM (except for the host country). However, in filling alternate positions, this maximum may be extended to eight players per country.
- If players from Conditions 1 and 2 above do not fall within the WAGRTM ranked players allocated from their countries under Conditions 3 and 4, these players will be added to the field. If, however, they fall within the WAGRTM players from their countries who qualify under Conditions 3 and 4, their countries will not receive additional invitations.
- The LAAC Executive Committee reserves the right, at its discretion, (1) to invite additional players, or (2) to not extend an invitation, or to withdraw an invitation, if made aware of disciplinary matters or anti-doping sanctions concerning any player.
The Conditions Form must be signed and returned at on-site Player Registration.
It is strongly recommended that National Federations and players review their listings in WAGRTM in advance of 26 September 2018. Information must be sent to Victoria Lawrie as soon as possible if the following are noted:
- A player’s national indication in WAGRTM is incorrect or will be changed
- A player listed for a country is not known to that federation
- A player listed for a country has turned professional
- Any other similar circumstance that could alter the federation’s player list
If not advised in advance of these situations, the federation’s invitation list could be affected.
Countries and Territories Represented
- Cayman Islands
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Lucia
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Virgin Islands, US